11 August, 2012

Generation 5: Part 3. Great Feeling


Welcomewelcomewelcome! I’m so glad you guys turned up, because I have seen horrible things. Things that haunt my mind and will never let me go, unless I’m thinking about something else. My parents lately are all over each other. It’s great that they love each other, really, but they don’t need to show it in front of me! I don’t want to hear those noises when they’re making out and I most certainly don’t want to see them do it! You can’t imagine what my body looks like – I am covered in bruises, because I tend to walk around with my eyes closed. It’s safer.


The good thing about my parents being busy all the time is that they don’t notice if one of us is outside longer than we’re allowed to. Let me give you an example. A few days ago, Henner had a really bad day at school and was mad at everything and everyone. His teachers didn’t let him answer one of the questions he knew the answers to, but kept calling his name as soon as he was distracted. In gym class somebody hit him with a ball, right on the nose. Not on purpose, of course, but I guess it still hurt a lot. And he got a C on a test in his music class, which was pretty much the end of the world for him. So, when his last class was over, he went over to a random house and starting throwing eggs at it as soon as nobody was home anymore. He did this for hours, without anybody noticing. When he came home around midnight, mom and dad were still busy with talking about how much they loved each other, and so they didn’t see him sneak into the house. Which is why he didn’t get punished at all! Still I would love them to just stop that as long as we are around.


While my parents were so occupied, we were pretty much on our own now. We had to get up without them waking us, make ourselves breakfast and get to school in time. And I have to say, I did pretty well! Although I overslept once – alright, twice -, I still had straight As in all of my classes. All of my siblings were really proud of me and said that there would be a big surprise because of this for my birthday that was coming up soon! I was so excited that I couldn’t even sleep any more. A surprise for me? What could that possibly be? Whenever I had a free minute, I watched them, trying to find out what they were up to. Sometimes one of them sneaked outside the house, which I could see through the windows. But not once did I see something that gave me a hint. How annoying.


Instead of birthday surprises I was often confronted with Grace fighting with somebody. She and Ivy hadn’t gotten along well ever since Ivy had aged up, but by now there were discussions every single day. This was no longer about me, but about the entire family. Grace made fun of everybody and therefore everybody was mad at her. Can you blame us? She was behaving like the whole world revolved around her and this was not the way life worked.


The only one who tried to stay out of this was Henner. He had been punished by our parents often enough and so he took his guitar whenever he was angry instead of starting a fight. We could tell that he was getting better every day! He probably would be an amazing Hit Movie Composer sometime, which was what he really wanted to be. I had always thought of him more as a rock star, but as long as he was following his passion –music-, everything was just fine. And I already knew a few people who would definitely buy that soundtrack later!


Whenever he took his guitar to play a few tunes, everybody stopped what he or she was doing and went over to listen to him. He was incredibly talented and turned his thoughts into songs so well. One day he surprised us by playing about twenty songs in a row, claiming that they all consisted of the same four chords. Listening to this was really fun, and we realized that he actually was right! Apparently he wasn’t the only one who found out about that, because a little later I found something on Simtube that reminded me of what he showed us. Here, I’ll write the link down for you.


Although Henner spent a lot of time playing the guitar or the piano, he didn’t forget about school. Conscientiously he did every homework that was assigned to him, getting straight As. Apparently, that one C in his music class was just an exception.


My parents soon seemed to get over their smooching phase and starting take care of us more. Thank God. After all, I liked being surrounded by them most of the time. They were my parents and I really loved them. The thought of being without them soon made me sick and I just hoped that this wouldn’t happen for a very long time. My siblings seemed to feel the same – as soon as mom and dad became available again, one of us was always talking to them. Mostly it was me, but Henner and Bella also asked for their attention sometimes. Ivy was more independent, and I don’t even want to mention Grace. All in all, life was really good again.


And it was about to become much better when it finally was my birthday! I still didn’t know what my surprise was going to be, but right now I didn’t care. All I wanted was to grow up and be a teenager, just like all of them. Being in high school would be so much better than the last years of school, I was very sure of that. The kids in my old class had often called me crazy or weird, which really hurt. Everything was about to change.


Surprisingly, the entire family came home to celebrate with me. My dad had been busy with work – which he still attended, without even thinking about retiring -, and most of my siblings were in afternoon activities at school, but nevertheless they all quit what they were doing to come home. Even the local mechanic, who had come around to fix our shower, came into the living room and grabbed one of the noisemaker thingies. That was so nice of him!


I love the new me. The dresses I got are simply beautiful and fit my black hair and my dark eyes perfectly! I decided to keep a ponytail, but lowered it a bit and went to the hairdresser to get bangs as well. Doesn't that suit me very well? To answer that question: yes, it does. It was perfect for me. Everything had worked out perfectly, exactly the way I wanted it to. Now I am ready for high school and for being a teenager. And my birthday cake. If you’ll excuse me – I have to be over there before Henner gets the last piece of cake. He is really fast when it comes to food!
Have a nice day:)


Author's Notes: Whee, all children are teens now! It took a while to get there, but now things are about to get more interesting. A lot happened in this chapter - Grace was mad about everybody, Henner decided that he wanted to be a Hit Movie Composer and Julia grew up and got Perfectionist as her next trait. (By the way, I looked it up: Ivy wants to be the Emperor of Evil and got Flirty as her next trait!) Finn and Cassie are way older than they are supposed to get, but they just won't die. Ever. The house is really crowded, but there is nothing I can do about this. Sigh.

4 Kommentare:

  1. Whee! More updates!

    I've been waiting eagerly to see what Julia will look like. Wow. She's really exotic! I love her. Her mouth is particularly interesting to look at. Perfectionist is a trait I haven't gotten to play yet, so I find it interesting. She doesn't have a LTW yet does she?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. As a matter of fact, she picked one five minutes ago :D But on her birthday (and the week after that) she doesn't have one, no. I hope to get some more updates out, so that you guys can see what I'm playing right now. It's so much fun! Since my semester break doesn't end until October 15th, I have a LOT of free time to play and post some more.

      Perfectionist is a trait that has crossed my paths playing sims a few times now, and so far it's not very spectacular. Sims need longer to finish books or paintings, but the quality of their works is better, too. Let me see how I can tease that out of Julia. ;)

      Löschen
  2. I love Julia's teen look! She's lovely. I'm glad she's finally a teen with the rest of them, poor kid, being last!

    Too many Sims in a house drive me nuts (I'm having that right now with 6 Sims and 3 cats to keep track of!), but I think you're doing a great job of showing how everyone is doing through Julia's observations!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You do? Thanks! I really try, but since it's absolutely impossible to watch all seven sims at the same time, I feel like I miss so much stuff. Occasionally I sit in front of the screen and shout something like "Why won't you die?!?!", but then try to calm down and keep track of the sims. Finn and Cassie are mostly boring, which is why I "only" have to focus on the five kids. Not for long, though. (Hope to get another chapter out today)

      Löschen