14 Dezember, 2011

Generation 3: Part 9. New Age

Note: Being told from Emma's point of view


Now that the twins grew a little bigger, time just seemed to fly by. When I wasn’t busy with cleaning after my beloved husband, I entertained my little ones, who demanded my attention all the time. I didn’t have one moment to myself, instead Finn and Freya kept screaming for me, in desperate need of hugs or little games. Nevertheless they managed to turn the house into chaos with all the toys they used. It hadn’t been such a good idea to buy that second toy box for the living room, but when we discussed about the purchase, it seemed like a good idea, because this way they could play wherever they want and didn’t need to take the toys with them all the time. What we didn’t think of was that now we had twice the amount of toys making their way into each and every room on both floors.


There was always something to complain about. Felipe was working all day and so I had to take care of the basic needs my children had on my own. Of course I tried to divide my time up between the two of them equally, but sometimes it just didn’t work. Finn was even needier than Freya and so it may seem that I took care of him more than of his sister. But it wasn’t because I loved her less than him or anything! I loved both more than anything in the world and I would have done anything for them.


And every time one of them would give me a smile I knew why I was going through all this trouble. My children were just the most amazing ones in the entire world.  They gave me so much love and I wanted to give all of it back to them.


Felipe was also in love with our two little ones. When he wasn’t working or training –at work he had been told to improve his athletic skills in case he wanted that next promotion – he spent all of his free time with Finn and Freya. They loved spending time with her dad as well, which sometimes made me a little jealous. This is stupid, of course, because we both are their parents. Yet every smile that wasn’t for me caused a tiny little pain in my heart.


The twins didn’t seem to realize that, which was a good thing. Instead they lived from day to day, discovering more of the house and their environment. As time passed by, they became more curious and spent more time alone. On the one hand this was a great relief for me, because finally I had some time for myself, on the other hand there was so much I wanted to show them and wanted to make sure they didn’t miss anything. Every hour I wasn’t with them felt strange, empty.


Felipe was a big help those days. He didn’t want the family to consist of individuals who go their own ways; on the contrary he wanted us to be together as often as possible. Still the children were supposed to have their own time, so what we did was spending some time with each other. I really missed him sometimes and wanted to get back to work, too. There we would be seeing each other every day for hours. And although Felipe was close to his next promotion and really wanted to start working as an forensic analyst while I was heading for being a special agent, we still had some time together left before our ways would part. I couldn’t imagine working without my husband, he had been there ever since I started that job!


There was something I really had to do. All the time I was married to Felipe, I kept thinking about Kim. I was so sorry for destroying her family with the man she loved and wanted to make it up to her. The few times we managed to talk friendly –before she got furious and walked out on me- I found out that she actually was a really nice person who hadn’t deserved something like I did. I really wanted us to be friends and I hoped that she would forgive me someday for making her husband cheat on and then leave her. Hopefully this hadn’t ruined her entire life and made her a bitter woman. Imagine my surprise when I invited her over and she told me that she had just gotten married again! His name was Gavin Pinkerton and he was a nice adult, rather close to grow into an elder. She told me how she made salad for him every day, so that he would catch up with the healthy lifestyle she had been practicing all her life and we talked for hours. It was just like I had thought – behind all that hatred there was a great person, waiting to be discovered. And it seemed like she would let me do that.


That evening Felipe had to take care of the kids on his own, as I was busy talking to his ex-wife. He wasn’t too sure what to think about our growing friendship, because this was a very awkward situation for him. His ex-wife and his wife in the same room, talking to each other, laughing together – something he would never have imagined! Well, neither had I.


In all the commotion I almost forgot about all the animals I had! Of course I didn’t really forget about them, because they messed up the house every day and I tripped over at least one of them every morning. They had soon learned that it was great fun to sleep on the top of the stairs, so that the first person getting up – which would be me- would get downstairs much faster than anticipated. But of course I loved them so much. It was great to see how they fit into our crazy household.


But time didn’t stand still. Before we knew it, Arlo had grown into a really old dog and apparently the Grim Reaper had decided it was his time to go now. It was awful to stand there on our porch and watch Arlo during his last moments on earth because he left us forever. And although he was going to a place where he would be happy, it gave me a creepy and very sad feeling.


The best way to deal with pain was spending time with my children. They made me smile again and it was them who showed me that there was something to live for. This may sound dramatic, but continuously losing my beloved animals ripped holes into my heart and they kept getting bigger. I wondered how long I could take this before breaking down, but looking at Finn and Freya growing bigger every day made my life seem worth living. The only thing I absolutely was not happy with were my looks, which made me change them every day. One day it was long hair, the next hair I put them up into a ponytail, the next day I wanted to have curly hair. The same thing happened with my clothes. I guess this happens when you get older. That’s right, in the middle of educating my kids and dealing with the death of another pet, I grew into an adult. We were doing okay on money, so I didn’t need to worry about our financial situation and could afford not going to work once in a while. This was such a great relief.


Work without my husband wasn’t the same, anyway. Like he had been hoped, our boss had promoted him and he was now working as a wiretap reader. I in contrast had started my work as vice squad and spend my time there with people I barely knew and hardly liked. So I was happy for every day I could spend with my children, just watching them and showing them my affection. They did the same for me – I especially felt the love every time they threw their food on the floor after having finished eating and then looking at me innocently.


But even if they drove me crazy every now and then – there was no way that I could not love these two darling little human beings! I was afraid of the day they would grow into kids and start discovering the world much more independently than they were doing now. At the moment I still had the control over them, but then they wouldn’t need me as much.


Way too soon this day came. We had decided not to throw a big party, but celebrate within our little family instead. First up was Finn who couldn’t wait to blow out the candles!


He grew into a handsome, yet lazy boy who enjoyed nothing more than sitting on the couch and reading books that would help him for school. That’s right, he was an ambitious couch potato who really cared about everyone around him and wanted to make the world a better place. He was a really good boy.


Then my little girl was also growing into a kid. Time went by so fast. It had only been minutes since I had given birth to her and now she was about to start school!


My little angel was just so beautiful. Every now and then she would just stop walking, look around and try to think what it was she wanted to do. But whether she remembered it or not, she would just start laughing about herself and then run off to play or do something else. It was so cute how she sometimes was absent-minded, but still could laugh about it. This is what I call a good sense of humor! Not everybody could do that. And her being extremely athletic and not being able to sit on the couch for more than five minutes made her extremely different from her brother. Still they loved each other. Oh, and us of course. We were a happy family. Everything was perfect.

Author's notes: So the fourth generation keeps growing! The two kids are just adorable, aren't they?! I will put up an heir vote after the next chapter, I guess.And I'm sorry this chapter took me quite a while, university and my studies just have been crazy the last days/weeks and I hardly found time to play Sims at all. But now it is getting better - I have two presentations due next week and then it's Christmas! ♥ Hopefully I will get another chapter out before that.
Oh, and I changed the style of writing again... I know, apparently I can't really decide which one to use. But I think I like this one. What do you think? 
(Chapter title: currently one of my favourite songs, it's by Marlon Roudette.)

3 Kommentare:

  1. It's so nice to see things going well for Emma! The kids are still adorable. I can't wait to see who the next heir is!

    I kind of love that you've been using different narrative styles... it's like it kind of changes as Emma gets older/wiser/more mature.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I'm so glad you're back! Seems like we all kind of stopped posting at the same time. I haven't had much legacy to read for weeks, it seems.

    I think it's awesome that Emma ended up making friends with her husband's ex!

    Hmmm. I hope I can see a bit of the kids as teens before we have to vote! Even though Emma has already made her LTW.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. @Dragonwife: That's a pretty good thought! And it would fit with me sticking to that style of writing for a while,because I really like it :)

    @Susan: That's what I thought,too! Whichever blog I visited - no new chapters.Everyone was busy and now Christmas is coming up and stuff.
    And I guess I can let them become teens before putting up the vote.But that means 2-3 more chapters before it can be decided,in my game they are still children.Close to their birthdays though.
    Jeez. It would be great to get that done this year,but that's practically impossible. I won't get much done before Christmas,maybe just one more chapter tomorrow or the day after.Then I'm way too busy.

    AntwortenLöschen