15 Januar, 2012

Generation 4: Introduction

I really shouldn’t have stayed up last night - I still could have finished that game level today.  But I was so close to making it… oh, hey! I didn’t see you there. I guess it’s just a tad early… Anyway, I am Finn. But I guess you knew that already.
When I am not busy with school or homework, I just love to work on my records on several video games. My favorite one is GTA III, which nobody can beat me at. You probably could say I am a couch potato, as I really hate exercising, running and all that stuff. Instead I enjoy sitting on my bed with a good book or playing video games. But this doesn’t mean that I don’t care about school. Not at all!
I am actually one of the best students on the local high school. And although the school is not that big, this is still quite an honor. To get and stay on top of the class, I have to work very hard and conscientiously do my homework every single day. Sometimes people call me a nerd because of that. But I don’t care, because I know that I can achieve something great if only I work hard enough.  Although there are some students who are also very ambitious, no one works as much as me.
You think you can judge me by now? I don’t think you can. Or would you have thought that I wanted everyone around me to be successful, too? You did? Well… then you do know me already. I am in fact helping other students out after school - support them in doing their homework, stuff like that. Of course I am not asking for money – this is just some voluntary work (that will look good at my resume also). I am just a really good guy, I suppose.
That’s my sister Freya you can see here. We are twins and I am a few minutes older than she is. Something I don’t bring up too often because it always makes her mad, but there are times when I have to remind her of that. You see, she is really charismatic and loves going out and meeting new people. But this being a small town doesn’t mean it’s not dangerous! On the contrary, sometimes people can get really rough and you never know when this is going to happen. So I am trying to protect her from that, because she is so important to me. Me being this nurturing sometimes annoys her, but what am I supposed to do?
Well, now you have gotten to know me a little. My story hasn’t really started yet, but it’s about to. So take a seat and grab some popcorn. And enjoy the show that is my life. Cheers.

Author's notes: Sorry that the introduction is rather short. But I really wanted you to meet Finn officially before his generation starts (which is about now). Pictures are already taken, I just have to write the texts. Which will take a couple of days,my life is a bit of a mess right now... my father had a stroke a few days ago and now is in the hospital. My mother is still living at my Grandma's (for 1 1/2 years now, because she is old and can't be on herself), which means I am a part time orphan and somehow have to manage my studies, the household and everything else at the same time.
And I obviously couldn't apply for that awesome job I told you about the last time. Anyway. I hope to get Finn's first real chapter out soon.

15 Kommentare:

  1. So sorry to hear about your dad! I hope he makes a good recovery. It's tough to have so much going on, but I think it's nice that you're willing to take care of your family like that.

    Finn's introduction is great! I like how you reveal his traits as part of the narrative. He seems like he'll be a good heir.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. He has already gotten better - fortunately I was there when it happened, so I could call the ambulance straight away.

    And thank you :) I really like that style of writing, so I probably keep that for his generation as well.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Wow. Things really have been rough for you recently. I hope your father is on the mend.

    It was a nice introduction to Finn. He has a really interesting collection of traits. Plus, he's cute :). I can't wait to see how things work out for him.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thanks :) Yes, he will probably get out of the hospital the next days. My only problem is that I don't want him here, being creeped out enough when he isn't. Him being around with the chance to pass out another time and me being alone with him is something I don't even want to think of. So we have to find a solution there. It was hard enough the first time he did that... I still can't sleep without lights on after a week now. Anyway.

    He is really cute, isn't he? And let me tell you - that gets even better when he ages up! So far his life is pretty interesting and I can't wait until I can really focus on him. But right now his parents simply refuse to die (which is a good thing, of course...but..........), I have to take care of them once in a while,too. Let's see how long that's going on.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wow, I just can't imagine what that would be like if it were my dad. You were there alone with him when it happened? No wonder it's giving you nightmares. Is there anyone else who can stay with you? It sucks that your mom has to be away.

    I figure you can focus on whoever is doing the interesting stuff. Emma already earned her LTW, so it seems like Finn has full rights to the spotlight as soon as he has a story to tell :).

    And don't talk to me about sims refusing to die. Notice that I'm about to hand over to Gen 4, and WHO ISN'T DEAD YET?

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Yes, we were both in our bedrooms already (luckily I wasn't asleep yet!!!!), then he apparently got up again and collapsed on the way to the bathroom. I heard the loud noise, jumped out of my bed and ran outside and there he was on the floor, trying to get up, but not managing to. And he couldn't speak properly either, so I panicked and called my mom who told me to get an emergency doctor. (Yes, I should know that by myself, but I was unable to cope that moment) And as my family only consists of my grandma, father, mother and myself, there is nobody who could stay with my grandma or me. The few people who I once called friends disappeared over the last year, apparently due to a former friend who started making everybody hate me. That leaves me being on my own. Sleeping mostly works by now, but I still need to keep the lights on. Everytime the flat went completely dark, I freaked. Hopefully that will go away soon.

    Well,you're right. Finn has earned his spotlight by now. And there is a lot that already happens. Something you can look forward to :D (And me,too)

    Sure it's great that my sims stay alive. But at some part they are just supposed to...well, leave. I wouldn't say that I'm fed up with them still being around, but... I'm getting there. So we are already two people having that problem.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I'm really happy to hear that your dad is doing well. It's so lucky that you were able to get him help so fast. I know it really makes a difference in stroke recovery! I hope you are able to work out the living arrangements and not have to be so alone.

    There are 5 people in my sim house right now and it's driving me nuts. I usually end up leaving everyone but Zeke to fend for themselves unless he's gardening or fishing! Of course, I'll be moving some of them out once Zeke gets married so maybe it's good for them to be on their own!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Hey Amhranai. I just wanted to check up on you and make sure you're all right.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Hey, thanks for checking up! I'm fine and working on the next chapter. University has been crazy lately and we still have some family issues, but my father is out of the hospital, which is good.

    Maybe I will have the next chapter out this weekend. I should manage to do so, unless the pictures are really uncooperative.They sometimes are and then won't give me any inspiration..

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. No pressure to write!! I was just hoping your were sleeping and that your dad was all right.

    Of course, I'll read it eagerly :).

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Thank you, I really appreciate that! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Time to catch up on your legacy! I hope everything is better with your dad now, that must have been very scary!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Thank you :) Yes,he is much better,but still living at my mother's&grandmother's. But in a few weeks we are moving close to their house, so that we might even be a family again!

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. That's great news, Amhranai! I was going to ask for an update. Will moving affect school at all?

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Fortunately, moving will practically not afford going to university at all - I have to take the bus instead of train(s), but it's the same amount of time. My way to the elementary school is going to be way longer, since now it's five minutes walking distance (it's my old school and I have lived here like forever :D ) and then it will be 20 minutes by car. But to see my little ones again, I will happily do that. (I'm SO glad I have a car!)

    AntwortenLöschen