04 Februar, 2012

Generation 4: Part 1. Are you gonna be my girl?


Living with my sister was really hard sometimes. She seemed like the sweetest girl on earth sometimes, and we could talk for ages about different stuff. Sometimes she would even ask me about guys I knew, to find out more about them. At times like those we were really like brother and sister, or like very good friends.

But there were also times when she would shout at me for no apparent reason! Usually I just pretended not to care, but of course that got to me. What was up with her that she was looking for trouble and discussions? Was it our parents being stricter to her than they were to me? If it was, that was definitely her own fault, because she was way less reliable than me. At the end of the day, my homework was always done and already packed into my school bag. Hers flew around somewhere in the house and seldom was completed before midnight.

When I complained to my mother about how Freya was getting me upset most of the time, she told me to be patient. It had to be really hard for her, with me being the family heir and anything. All the time our family had existed, a female had been the heir and now there was a man for the very first time. Maybe it looked like making me heir was a solution to get around dealing with her. You know what I’m saying?

Despite her being grumpy most of the time she had some friends who she spent a lot of her free time lately. This guy is called Madox, I believe. I have seen him around school a few times, but I haven’t really talked to him.

Mainly because he is a little weird and tends to become aggressive because of nothing. Well, those two were a match made in heaven, I swear. But although they fit together perfectly, I didn’t want my little sister to hang out with a guy like that.

Especially since he got her in even more trouble than she was in anyway. More than one time she was brought home by the police because she missed curfew and stayed outside with that guy. Can you believe it? My little sister acted like she was all grown up, but couldn’t even accept the most basic rules of our family. We couldn’t go on like this, seriously.

The one person who really understood me was my friend Cassie Loveland. We had been friends since the first day of high school, when we were supposed to pick lab partners. She was a really nice girl with a great sense of humor. For months we were getting along just great, but at some time I felt a change. When I looked at her I didn’t see the girl who never wore short clothes and wore her hair in a ponytail, but I saw a very pretty creature in whose eyes I could get lost forever. And on one sunny afternoon I knew it. I knew that I didn’t want to be just friends anymore, I wanted her to be mine.

When I looked into her eyes, she laughed nervously. “What’s going on?” she asked me, because I didn’t say anything for at least half a minute, but just looked at her. Then I stepped forward and placed a kiss on her lips. It was the most amazing experience I ever had, I swear. It felt like there was electricity going through me.

What can I say? Apparently she felt the same. Only seconds after I had stepped back again and smiled at her –which probably made me look like an idiot -, she pulled me into another kiss. Man, this was really nice.

Little did I know that at exactly the same time my little sister was experiencing the beginning of her first romance, too! That Madox guy (remember him? The one that got her being caught by the police more than one time) apparently had worked his charms on him. At our house. Next to the barbecue, while our parents were right inside. Very romantic, that guy. Seriously. My sister really deserved someone better, who preferably  did not appear until she was fully grown up. I was old enough to have a relationship, but she was so much younger and vulnerable.

That’s right, boy. Act all shy and surprised that you got my sister falling for you. When she later told me that it was her who made that step I couldn’t believe it. Was there anything good in that guy?

My father seemed to have the same thoughts about this. When Madox came around a few days later to pick Freya up for prom, he really gave him a hard time and questioned him about his purposes and his plans. Although his questions made it seem like he wanted to ship Freya off to marriage, Madox stayed completely cool and answered every single question. I guess, that is a good thing.

And despite all the prejudices I harbor against him, my sister really likes him. I have to accept that, although it is really hard. They had a really good time and she even won the crown as prom queen! This was a bit odd because they made me prom king and we should have danced together. But we both were there with our partners – that’s right, our partners. Cassie was now officially my girlfriend!

Don’t we look happy? I know, the picture is rather small and you mostly see my back. But we are really happy (even if Cassie didn’t have time to change into the beautiful dress she had bought for the prom).

I guess life was really good. Whenever I thought of Cassie and what had happened at prom, it just made me smile and I couldn’t stop. If I had looked at me from the outside, I probably would have tried to smack that smile right out of my face at some point, it was this sort of stupid smile that appears when you are in love.

A few days later we decided to throw a party to celebrate that we were almost done with high school. Our parents allowed it and so we invited a few friends, including Cassie and Madox. We had a great time and it felt like the four of us were bonding already. All of a sudden it hit me – these two could be the ones for us. That was a scary thought.

But although it was scary, it was not completely stupid. Mum and Dad loved Cassie and always told me how sweet she was and that she was good for me. They said she made a new me, more alive and shining. Now THAT was weird. I had been alive before, conscientiously working for school and seldom going out in the evenings. Well, maybe that’s what they meant.


At the same time they weren’t really happy with that Madox guy. Despite the things he had told our father, he seemed to be a jerk. At least that’s what my parents thought. And me. Anyway, Freya and our parents kept getting into fights about this, because Freya said that Madox was perfect for her. He made her laugh and made her feel special. Well, if special included inferior to him, then that was right. Everybody could tell that being with him made her even more aggressive, but at the same time made her sad. He definitely wasn’t the right guy for her, but what were we supposed to do? We couldn’t tell her not to see him again, then she would probably hate us. This was something we had to think about carefully.


Author's notes: Finally Finn's first chapter is up! Sorry it took me so long, but life was still a little crazy and the pictures just didn't inspire me for days. Nevertheless I managed to get a decent chapter out now. Finn and Freya honestly simultaneously found their first love interest, which was really sweet. I couldn't decide where to watch, but as Finn is my heir, I sticked with him and just every now and then had a look at what Freya was doing.
I still have a lot of pictures, so maybe I will get the next chapters out pretty soon. Monday I am starting my internship in an elementary school at the other end of town, which means being out of the house most of the day. But I will have time for Sims, I promise. :)

7 Kommentare:

  1. Awww... first love! Too bad Freye isn't making the best choices. I love Finn and Cassie, though. So cute.

    Glad to hear that life is going better. What grade are you going to be interning in?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. As I have played ahead quite some days, I can tell you that Madox really isn't the best choice for her. But too late :D

    I'm going to be in the first grade - so cute! I've been in one before (which is now a second grade and I'm still there), but the one I am going to see now is so...quiet! And disciplined! I'm already really excited and nervous about the ten lessons I will have to teach there.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. My oldest is in Kindergarten so I can almost relate to the first grade cuteness. Good luck with your lessons!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I love this line: "Hers flew around somewhere in the house" about the homework. Great imagery!

    Wow. This boy is so responsible he might have already found his mate. And all the drama with Freya! I guess you chose the right heir. This was a great chapter. It's funny to read that you weren't very inspired by the pictures.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Oh, right, and interning sounds really exciting. How much longer do you have in your program before you get a job teaching?

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Thanks :D As Freya did her homework in a different room each day (IF she did it at all), I thought that was fitting. Glad you liked it :)

    Well, if everything worked out the way I want it to, I would be done in 4 years. 2 1/2 are over now, next semester I will finish the first part of university, my bachelor. Then there will be the master, which takes 2 years. After that there is my official (paid! yay!) internship, which takes 1 1/2 years. But there is no way I will get into that straight away, you usually have to wait for 2-4 years... Probably I will be finished when I'm 30...sigh. Technically I would be done around my 25th birthday.

    AntwortenLöschen