08 April, 2012

Generation 4: Part 7. Marry you.


I was getting old. Slowly but steadily the shape of my body changed into something I really wouldn’t call attractive. My muscles seemed to flag more and more every day, which was something that couldn’t be good at all. In addition I was really worried that Cassie and I couldn’t be good parents to the kids we wanted to have, because there was a big chance we would die early in their lifetime. We wanted to spend as much time as possible with them, which is why we needed to make a move. Now. The first step was a new hairstyle for me, which made me feel a little better about myself. And I did look younger, didn’t I?


(Note my shirt almost matching the wallpaper) When I saw Cassie the next time, I wanted to talk to her about this. But she wouldn’t let me finish my sentences, instead pulled me into a close hug and kissed me. This was a way of being interrupted I really enjoyed.


Her beauty and her wonderful character made me forget everything I wanted to say and I literally couldn’t keep my hands off her. Maybe talking wasn’t necessary after all?


A few days later, right after I had returned from work Cassie called me and asked me out on a date. We hadn’t gone out for ages and it was a Friday, so I didn’t have to work the following day. How could I say no to that?


We met at this really nice restaurant and the entire evening I felt that there was something she wanted to tell me. When she fondly kissed me after we had left the restaurant, I thought that something was going to happen. Something I had imagined a number of times, but never thought to come true this soon. Deep down in her eyes I saw something and when she opened her mouth to say something, I held my breath.


The next days were off, so that I had a lot of time to think. The previous night had been magical and had ended in something spoken that was going to change our lives forever. When she told me, all I could do was stand there and watch her mouth opening and closing, words coming out of it. It took me some seconds to finally realize what I just had heard, which was something that still haunted my thoughts while I tried to distract myself by watching TV. 


After a few hours of sleep I couldn’t fool myself anymore. I needed to talk to Cassie and I needed to talk to her there and then. So I called her and invited her over. 


The moment she entered my property I tore up.   Seeing this woman walking towards me, carrying my baby was amazing. And it was my baby, that I was completely sure of. Not only because she told me so, but also because I trusted her unconditionally. 


Every touch and every kiss made me feel what I had felt before – she was the right woman for me. We were meant to be a family. She, I and our little unborn child would be a family. And I didn’t want to wait any longer. So here is what happened.


Isn’t she beautiful when she smiles? This was the kind of smile I would give everything up for. To wake up seeing this smile and the woman it belongs to. Cassie was the woman of my dreams and since her pregnancy was already advanced, we decided to get married right away. 


We didn’t need anybody to watch us exchanging our rings and we didn’t need anybody to hear what we were saying. This was a thing between me and her. 


Living with a woman was unaccustomed! For quite some time now I had lived on my own and was in control of the entire house and the happenings in it. All of a sudden there was somebody else who used the shower, filled up the pet’s bowls and turned on the stereo. It was something I had to get used to, but I was happy doing it. After all this time I had found what I was looking for.


Every night we would go to bed at the same time and hold hands while we fell asleep. It felt so good to have her near me and every time she put my hand on her stomach and made me feel our baby kicking, I couldn’t believe what we had created. These were special moments we were sharing.


They were also scary moments. Every time Cassie was in pain, I panicked that the baby would come and that something was wrong with it (we didn’t know if it was a boy or a girl). But it was not until a sunny work day that she went into labor. Of course I was at work, so that she had to go to the hospital on her own, something I was so sorry for. As soon as she called me from there, I quit for the day and rushed down there to see her and to welcome our little baby.


There she was. Our perfect little daughter who we named Grace.


Author's notes: Welcome, Generation 5! For a long time I was really worried that Finn would never want to get married and have children, but at some point he apparently fell in love with Cassie all over again and repeatedly wished to woohoo with her.... Once she was pregnant, he instantly wanted to marry her. Now we have a little family with three people and five -by now grown-up-dogs, which you didn't really see in this chapter because I wanted to focus on the human part of the family.
Next chapter should be out soon, but then I have to get packing - we are moving in three weeks and need to have everything ready by then. The previous weekend we cleaned out my grandmother's basement, so we can put our stuff in it (our new basement is too small and needs to be a study room and fitness room as well..). But in between there may be time to post. I really need to catch up on the story, I have played way ahead...
The chapter title is a song by Bruno Mars. :)

6 Kommentare:

  1. Yay for generation 5! I'm glad that Finn finally decided to give up the single life. I love the new hair, too.

    Good luck with the move. It's such a crazy thing, having to go through all of your stuff and pack and everything. We're hoping to do that in the next year or so and I'm totally not looking forward to the process!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. He does look younger this way, right? ;) First I had that short haircut for him, but he looked so old that I changed it again. Apparently he had been happy with it, since he didn't want a new one for his midlife crisis.

      Thanks... packing is really annoying, you're absolutely right. Yesterday I took some pictures of our flat, as long as it is completely furnished, today we will start packing our basement and then proceed to the flat itself. I hate that. All your belongings go into boxes and the room where you've lived in for some years (here: 7) becomes empty and cold. Anyway. Nothing we can do about that now, we would have had to move anyhow,since we can't afford this flat any longer. And in two or three years, when I am done with studying, I will move out into my own apartment.

      Löschen
  2. Ha! I didn't even look at the title, and I'm glad I didn't because the marriage was a big surprise! I loved the last picture from the engagement. Even though it's the same animation, you can get so many different effects by taking different pictures. I don't think I'd even noticed that gesture of Finn's before.

    Hooray!! Generation 5 at last! I just love the name Grace.

    It turns out we are moving too, so I may disappear for a while in a few weeks. I'll post more on my own blog.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. When choosing the title, I thought about this a couple of minutes! I wanted the wedding to be a surprise, but at the same time the title was fitting so perfectly that I chose it... :)

      Thanks! Choosing names is really hard. I chose to go along the alphabet, so I had some ideas as to how the name should start. But every time I end up checking babies names online, to choose something nice. For me that is the most exciting part - choosing a name and the first two traits. The next step is choosing/accepting the lifetime wish and after that it's just helping my sims achieve it...

      Löschen
    2. I totally failed to notice that you were following the alphabet. Well, I love the name Grace.

      I love coming up with naming themes for each generation. Susie was the practice generation, so there was no particular rationale to Lancelot's name. But Lance and Layla's kids all got Egyptian names, and then Zahra named her kids after Babbage and Lovelace. I did a lot of picking through name lists to find good names for Gen 5, but you'll just have to wait and see. I love names.

      I also get way too much fun out of weddings, but you might have noticed :).

      I randomize three traits, though I don't make myself take traits that I've already played before unless I want to. Then I add the legacy trait of Brave, and I get to pick the last one. Sometimes I really agonize over what that last trait will be. I love that moment when I suddenly see what kind of person this sim is going to be -- career, LTW, and personality. Usually, I roll a trait, and it all comes into focus. But sometimes I really get something unexpected like Ada being Insane!

      Löschen
    3. That's a nice way of deciding which traits your sims are going to have. Randomizing is exciting, but I am also always scared that my sims get traits like Excentric or Green Thumb, because I am not much into gardening or sculpturing. Actually, I try to keep the number of traits limited, which is something I should probably rethink. In my current generation there are some traits I have not played with before, so that could be a good start.
      I totally understand what you mean. This moment when your sim is "done" and you know where his/her life is going to lead. I love that, which is why I think it's great to found new generations - every baby is a new character, stands for a new way of living.

      And yes, I might have noticed that you like weddings. I really can't tell how I noticed, because you hid it so well! ;)

      Löschen