22 November, 2012

Generation 5: Last Part.


Hello everybody, and welcome back to the nutshell that is my life. A long time has passed and I feel like helping you to catch up with what has happened. First of all, I told you that Ivy's and Eric's relationship didn't last. Well, I think that was because of me. Since day one I had felt weird when being around Eric, something in my stomach seemed to be celebrating everytime I saw him. Apparently he felt the same, because one sunny afternoon we kissed. My brother was in the same room when it happened - he didn't seem too happy, but not really surprised, either. We went steady for quite some time. 


Then my father died, completely unexpectedly. Of course he had been old, but this was no reason to die all of a sudden! One day he got up from his side of the bed and then left us forever. I could feel my heart breaking right in that moment! It was so hard to let him go, but we didn't have a choice. 


Soon after I had gotten over my father's death, my mother died, too. She had been heartbroken and lonely ever since he had left and nobody was able to cheer her up. I guess, it was the best that could happen to her - nevertheless it was incredibly sad. Within a few months I lost both of my parents. 


To make my life a complete mess, I broke up with Eric. It didn't seem to work out any more - if anything, I considered him to be a friend to hang out with, nothing more. The chemistry between us had disappeared. He seemed a little sad, but not necessarily devastated. Maybe this was the start of something new for me. 


Only one day later I met this guy, who was also called Eric. What a coincidence!! I immediately fell in love with his pretty eyes and his beautiful smile. We decided to go steady quite soon, since we both didn't get any younger! Life seemed to be good again. 


It certainly was for my older brother Henner, who completed his lifetime wish of being a movie hit composer the summer after I met the second Eric. I was so happy for him! This was a huge thing and he celebrated by mvoing out of our shared house which the two of us had been living in together. 


Now I was alone in there, and I still was when I aged into an adult. Still, I somehow hadn't quite found what I was looking for. 


Then I met Anna. I immediately felt that she was the one for me. Although I had never been in love with a woman before, everything felt so right. Eric understood that I broke up with him. This thing we had been in probably was just a fling. What I had with Anna was permanently. 


She was beautiful, she was smart, she was funny and she was a virtuoso, just like me. Everytime I heard her play the piano brought the tears to my eyes. My favourite song was one she had written herself, called "Kommando Untergang", which was German and meant something like "Command downfall". It was sad and beautiful at the same time. 


We soon decided to start a family. First we had Kathryn, a beautiful girl with my hair and eyes. 


Next were twins - Lily and... 


Lorelai, who was the first one to have Anna's hair. 


We thought that we were done with three children, but Mother Nature had other plans! Right after Lily and Lorelai aged into toddlers, I found out that I was pregnant again and expectins twins once more! Mike and... 


Martha were born on a sunny afternoon in the middle of spring. Now our family life was perfect. 


And here I am, an elder who has officially not achieved what she had been reaching for - mastering the guitar, piano, bass and drums. The first two I mastered, but then I decided that I didn't have to be perfect in those four skills. What mattered was my family. And I had the best one you could possibly ask for. There was nothing in life that couldn't be faced if you were surrounded by your loved ones. So this is what I am going to be doing for the rest of my life - educating my children and enjoying being around them. Maybe I will see you again at some point, but I am not too sure of that. This call is the last thing you will hear from me for quite some time - we will disappear from the surface of the world and live like we want to. Thank you for staying with my entire family for the past year - goodbye!


Author's notes: So this is it. I have officially ended my legacy in the middle of generation 5. After resolving the gaming issues I had written about I now decided to end what I started more than a year ago. Because there was no desire to play this family ever again, I just summed up what has been happening throughout the last months of my game. I finish with Julia being an elder, who has in fact only completed half of her lifetime wish, but since I failed at this legacy anyway, it doesn't really matter. I want to thank you for staying with me throughout the entire legacy, throughout five crazy generations and a lot of troubles! Although I am still pretty busy, I promise to be back with a new legacy or something similar. Probably I will keep this blog as a reminder for those of you who want to re-read something and then start a new one. Or I am being radical and delete everything here, to start with nothing reminding of what has happened. But I don't think I can do this. So it will probably be a new blog... Again, THANK YOU for staying with me. Your comments and support really mean(t) a lot to me and I am very sure that I wouldn't have kept playing this long if it hadn't been for you. So thank you. So much. 
(Final note: writing this actually brought a few tears to my eyes. Wouldn't have thought that.)

4 Kommentare:

  1. Awww... the end of an era. Always a little sad, even if you're ready for it!

    The family turned out beautiful. I think that ending it there works, storyline-wise. We can think of them as going about their sim lives in peace.

    Be sure to let me know if/when you start up a new blog!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. That's what I was going for - them continuing their lives without anybody supervising or watching them. They are still somewhere out there, just can't be seen anymore. I'm glad you think it fits!

      I will definitely keep you posted about my new plans! I don't think I will be starting something right away, but since there are already some vague thoughts in my head, I can assure you that there will be something new.

      Löschen
  2. Thank you for telling us Julia's story.

    She had a more romantic relationships than I've ever seen in a wishacy sim, and she ended up with a woman! What a fun surprise! Anna is really beautiful, and I liked Julia's adult look a lot. I'm sorry she didn't finish her LTW. If you wanted to continue, I'm sure you could change her LTW to something she could reach. Four skills is a lot. She could wish for Super Popular and achieve it by jamming in the park for a while. That one is easy.

    There really is more to life than The Sims. There are even other *video games* than The Sims, or so I've heard. I'm pretty shocked that I've suck with it for so long. So don't feel you HAVE to start another simblog. But I hope you'll stick around and read the rest of our blogs while you're busy having a life. I'm glad you friended me on Facebook so we can stay in touch no matter what!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I know, that's pretty unusual... the break-up with Eric #1 and the first encounter with Eric #2 were actually on the same day, which was her/my day off. She didn't get along with Eric #1, so I let her break up with him. Then I created Eric #2, who matched her personality perfectly (accidentally named him Eric, too) and put him into the game. Then she went for a walk to his house and met him. ;)
      Unfortunately they didn't get along that well and when she met Anna, who I created as well, it seemed clear that those two belong together.

      I have heard about those other games, too, but I think that's just a rumor. :P I have always liked playing it, starting with The Sims 1 and now playing The Sims 3 with its newest expansion pack. There is no way I am going to stop - right now it's just nice to switch families every now and then, not having to document everything. But I will definitely start doing another simblog, whether it's a regular legacy or something with a theme. Until then I will of course continue reading your blogs! I love your families and your stories, it's a part of my daily routine to check Blogspot for updates every morning. :)

      Löschen