17 Juli, 2012

Generation 4: Heir Vote!


What's up?! I'm Henner, but I guess you knew that already. What you also know is that my father wants to make a decision on who should carry on the family traditions and stuff. I'm not sure I got it completely, but since you probably know all about this, maybe you should teach us! After all, it is one of us who will have that burden! Scarred for life! Okay, well, maybe I am a little dramatic sometimes. But it's only because my mind is the one of a true genius and therefore I know that something really big is coming up.And it's going to have a big effect on all of our lives.You can bet that I will work very hard if my dad chooses me. I have never been one to procrastinate, but worked as hard and as much as I possibly could. If you called me a workaholic, I wouldn't be mad about that, I guess. It's true.
What I want to do with my life, you ask? I'm not really sure about that. There is nothing in particular I would call my lifetime wish. Maybe I want to be a musician and be in a really awesome band. We would tour the entire country, have groupies and stuff! That would be really great. And since my family called me a virtuoso numerous times, music might be my destiny.


Oh Henner, stop babbling and let me introduce myself instead. No one knows how long my hair is going to stay this way and I want to look good on my picture! After all, those people out there can decide over our entire lives! Do you want to be ignored only because the sim before you can't stop talking? No? Well, neither do I! 
Sorry, I normally don't act like this. My parents always call me a very sweet and good kid. Usually I try to be friendly to eveyone around me, unless somebody is really mean to me. Like my sister, who sometimes drives me crazy. Huh. What a nice day outside! Have you noticed that the sun is shining? Maybe I should pack my bathing suit and drive to the pool. If I ask Dad, he might even drive me there. That could be a fun day! Oh wait, I was supposed to do something before. That's right, the interview! God, I'm sorry. Sometimes I'm just a little absent-minded, I guess. It's just that pretty things easily distract me. Like the sun, the flowers, birds outside... oh, hey, I want a bird. Maybe I will get one for my birthday! Uh..never mind. It was very nice to meet you! Although I don't really know what to do with my life, I know that I really want you guys in it :)
Love, Bella xxx


Hey guys. My dad made me come here to answer some stupid questions, and he promised that I would get some ice-cream if I did! That's a good thing, so go ahead and ask anything you wanna know. Well, not anything. Some stuff really is none of your business.
Oh, you think that was evil? Sorry, you'll have to deal with that. I'm not going to play nice, just so that you will vote for me. Not going to happen! I'm not like my sister Bella, not at all. She is the well-behaved little angel and I, Ivy, am pure evil. Muhahahaha. What did you just say? You didn't expect that from my looks? Well, looks aren't everything, I guess!
So let me get this straight. Although you might think that, I don't exercise. I hate sports, I hate running and I hate sweating. There is nothing better than a day on the couch in front of the TV! My dad totally agrees with me on that, by the way. We are both what you would call a couch potato. And when the bags of chips are empty, I don't stop watching TV to take them out to the trash. Are you kidding? My sister would do that, but I just throw it behind me. Somebody will take it out at some point, and I don't mind if there is a big mess around me. Being chaotic is just so damn comfortable.


What am I looking at? Who am I looking at? Are you real? And if you're real, what am I? Maybe I am just a little figure in somebody's imagination! That would mean that the existence of our kind would be unsure. We aren't real! We are not even here! But if we aren't, how come I can still talk to you? This is so weird. Let me just tell you some things about me, before I think about that question too much. Anyway, thanks for not interrupting me! My parents always do that; they call me insane. Just because my thoughts aren't exactly main-stream? I bet, no one in this family has ever thought about the realness of our world, but it's something so important! How can you possibly ignore that? THAT is insane!!
When I'm being stopped from thinking out loud, I express my thoughts in art. Oh yes, I am a very talented artist, both in paintings and in music. Maybe I will later join my older brother Henner when he starts a band!That would be great, wouldn't it? But then again, when he and I aren't real, that would mean that our band wouldn't be real. The music we bring out to the people wouldn't be real! What a terrible thought! But before I bore you some more with my apparently "insane" thoughts (again! Think about it! Who is insane here?), I will finish talking altogether. Have a nice day! And always remember Julia's, that's my name, words!


Here are your candidates for the heir vote! 
  • We have amazingly pretty Henner, who might want to be a musician later, due to his talents. 
  • Then there is sweet little Bella, who would do anything to please the people around her, as long as she doesn't forget about it. 
  • Next to her is her twin sister Ivy, the exact opposite of what can be called nice. 
  • And lastly there is Julia, who thinks about realness and other crazy stuff a lot.
Please do vote as soon as the vote is up (I will do that in a second!)
By the way: Grace's traits were Loner, Neurotic,Clumsy and Hydrophobic.

23 Kommentare:

  1. Whoa. You did such a great job presenting the characters that the choice is REALLY HARD!

    One question before I vote. You've used that name Chaotic before. Is that a trait name? It's not in my translation of the game. It sounds like you might mean Slob (which is a trait in my game), meaning someone who is messy and never cleans up. Is that right?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you :D
      And yes, I mean slob! So sorry... Usually I look up the proper translations of the traits, but there I just trusted my guts.. really sorry. So yeah, Ivy is a slob.

      Löschen
    2. I like Chaotic better as a trait name than Slob :). I have a Slob in Gen 5, and I think I'll let that word inspire the way I play it!

      So the twins actually turned out Good and Evil?? That's hilarious!

      If I could vote for two, it would be Henner and Julia. Julia so far is just like Ada, so I have a soft spot for her. But since you only gave me one choice.... argh....

      Löschen
    3. If either Henner or Julia wins, you have to put them in a band together so they'll both be around!!

      Löschen
    4. I could change the vote so that you could choose two people ;)

      Löschen
    5. Hey, if you want to! I always make my polls so you can vote for more than one.

      Löschen
    6. Done :) You will have to vote again,though. :)

      Löschen
  2. I voted for Julia because she seems like she'd be fun, but Henner would make a great heir too. Tough decision. (Though I think the twins would be fun to play as good vs evil, they can't both be heir!)

    Also, "chaotic" is a much better name for that trait!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. :D I can't really understand why they didn't use it... it fits perfectly! Well, too late now.

      When I realised that the twins were the exact opposites of each other, I knew the game could be fun. But after a while it could also get annoying.

      I made the big mistake of playing a little ahead (just the twins' birthdays...) and now don't know what to do after Finn is dead. I tried to make them different in looks, which worked out just fine, and now I have a new favourite. Well, besides my old one. Crap, what am I going to do?! It's nice to see how the two of you voted, maybe somebody else will come along, too. Just to mix it up :D I am really curious to see who will finally win the vote.

      Löschen
    2. Hmm. Perhaps you should post a link in the polls forum on Boolprop. It might draw over some people who might stick around and read too. That's where I pick up a lot of the legacies that I read. There have been quite a few good new ones there!

      You really did such a lovely job of writing a bit in the style of each character that I think newbies would have all they need to vote from.

      Löschen
    3. Oh right. Link: http://boolprop.prophpbb.com/forum69.html?sid=cd1dbe4dfee3737c9d837d09fde929a3

      Löschen
    4. Thank you, I tried that! What a great idea. And at the same time some new legacies to check out :)

      Löschen
    5. If you're thinking about picking up some more reading, I found several recently that are really cool and are also run by fun people. My blogroll has gotten kind of huge on my page ;).

      Löschen
    6. So far I've found one I really like. Tomorrow I will check out your "new" blogroll and see if there are some more I might like - also a great way of procrastinating my paper, which is due in 2 days and which I've been writing for the last three hours. It's now almost midnight and I'm getting tired...so off to bed. Maybe just reading ONE more legacy chapter.

      Löschen
    7. Which one are you reading? I'm so curious!

      (OMG, every time I think the capcha can't get worse, it's gets worse....)

      Löschen
    8. :D I'm reading this one, it is pretty good: http://boolprop.prophpbb.com/topic2154.html
      And I do think the captcha is trying to kill us at some point. It usually takes me at least three tries until I get it right..

      Löschen
    9. Oh, I haven't checked out the LeGassi Legacy. (By the way, I don't know if it's easy to catch a pun like that across languages, but LeGassi is pronounced "Legacy.") I'm really impressed with The Grim Reaping and Simmentary, The Grim Reaping is the coolest idea for a genetic legacy I've seen so far, but you have to read through the first generation to see what she's doing.

      Löschen
    10. I found out about that by pure coincidence :D One time when I opened it I mumbled something like "Let's see what the LeGassis are up to now!" and then realised it sounded exactly like "Legacy". What a great idea!

      I had a look at The Grim Reaping, but I didn't really understand what was happening there. All I got was something about dead sims. But I guess I will give it a second shot and make it through generation one. Simmentary doesn't ring a bell, I will have a look at that,too.

      Löschen
    11. The premise of The Grim Reaping is that the founder kills a bunch of the famous Sunset Valley Sims, then her descendants resurrect one using Ambrosia each generation to atone for the sins of the founder. Then each resurrected sim marries into the legacy, so the genes are a mix of all these famous Sims.

      Löschen
    12. Okay, I THINK I understand it now. That actually does sound interesting! Since I'm finished with my paper already *very proud of myself* I will now go over to that legacy and read the first parts of it :) Thanks for explaining?

      Löschen
  3. Hmm. More people have voted, and now the problem is worse :).

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. It is MUCH worse right now :D Hopefully there will be at least one or two more people who vote, since there is some time left. By now, everyone in my game is a teen and I can compare them a little better. So far I can't decide any longer, I basically have three favourites :D So let's see how that turns out.

      Löschen