06 November, 2011

Generation 3: Part 1. This could be the start of something new


New generation, new house. For days, Emma had been passing this house after school and just loved it. It was a bungalow, just like their old one, but this one had a really big garden and lots of space for the animals to run around without having to cross the street! They could even have barns for horses there! And as this was what Emma wanted more than anything in the world, she just needed to convince her mother that this was the right place to be. Brianna agreed after having a look. The house really was big enough and when the animals would run around outside, they wouldn’t be bothering her all the time. In addition, this really wasn’t in her hands anymore. Emma was supposed to make the decisions now. When Brianna told her that it was up to her, Emma didn’t have to think for a long time. The decision was made. The old house reminded them so much of what had happened in the past – of Daisy and Cella moving out, of Rolando dying. It was time to start something new now. So, on a sunny Saturday they packed up all of their things, hired a van and moved to the house that should be the foundation of Emma’s future.


Everybody felt right at home! The pets had enough space to run around and have fun; Emma had enough space (an extra room) to set up all the terrariums for the little animals she wanted to catch. She even had a list already.
Hey, don’t mock my list! I just want to be thorough, okay?
Sorry…I didn’t say anything! I was just thinking out loud…
Well, quit that, will you? I am trying to concentrate here. Come here, Cookie! Let me give you a bath. *is being scratched* Ouch! This is your fault!!!!!!!!
How on earth is that my fault?
She felt I was distracted and then she got angry.
Sure, there must be somebody you can blame *rolls eyes*


She really tried everything to win Cookie’s heart, which wasn’t really easy because she was an aggressive and absent-minded cat. So she got angry for no reason and in the middle of action forgot why she was doing that in the first place. Life with her wasn’t really easy, but it was a challenge!
What are you talking about? She is not a challenge. She is sooo cute! Just look at her, will you?
Um,yeah, I did. I picked her out, remember? And I chose her because you already have two perfectly behaving pets and it was time for a challenge.
Shut up already. She is not a challenge; she is a cat that needs a lot of love and attention. *cuddles Cookie*
……… maybe you’d like to tell about your life? Apparently I’m doing everything wrong.
The first smart thing you said today! I’d love to.
*rolls eyes again* Go ahead then.


Our new house was great. I loved it. The first day of school I brought home a potential friend, her name was…hold on… it was…
May I assist you? Carmelina Cobb.
Stop babbling! Her name was Carmelina. Unfortunately we didn’t really connect. She doesn’t like pets at all and left the room every time Lina, Bello or Cookie would enter it. Strange girl. And rude! She didn’t even thank me for helping her with her math homework. She had a task that had to do with cereal and amounts of raisins and corns. It was too hard for her, so we decided to act it out and actually count the single amounts. She never thanked me for that. So she is not only strange and rude, but also stupid.   I don’t think she has many friends…


Unlike me, I find new friends every day, animals and humans! Like this morning, when I went out really early because I felt a sudden need to catch a mouse. What can I say? Of course I succeeded and found one straight away. Isn’t she just cute?
Okay, now you are twisting the facts! Who helped you find the mouse? Me and that collector thing your mother bought from her lifetime wish points. You’re not supergirl; you can’t just wander around in darkness and find rare animals just because of your good eyes…
Leave me alone already!
Nope, sorry, not going to happen. You are the heir and I am the...well…
Yes? What are you, exactly? Yesyesyesyes?
The….narrator of the legacy. And I could make your life hell, you know that?! And don’t give me that look! Alright, this is it. From now on I will be telling your story again.
Don’t you dare! I want to tell my st…*volume is turned down*
Too late.


Life seemed to work out well for the contracted family. Brianna finally took some time to take care of her “only daughter”, not only because she knew that she was very old already and that life could be over any minute. Emma loved the attention and didn’t really care about where it came from.


When she wasn’t bonding with her mother, she still tried to make Cookie feel welcome. That didn’t always work out.


While Lina and Bello felt straight at home and soon developed some rituals, like standing in front of Emma’s bed at six in the morning and staring at her until she gets up. This looked cute, but in the first place was annoying, especially when she didn’t get into bed until 1 or 2 in the morning and would love to sleep for a few more hours. Well, at least this way she never was late for school and finished the first years with excellent grades.


Soon she silently grew into a beautiful teenager who went to the local high school (which fortunately is in the same building as the elementary school, as has been mentioned before). With her charm and her pretty face she managed to twist everybody around her little finger.


Apparently, her pets picked up that trait really soon. No matter what the dogs/cat did, she never was mad at them. They were way too cute for that.


The three pets were begging for Brianna’s and Emma’s attention. Sometimes it looked like they were standing in a line, waiting for their needs to be fulfilled. Both girls loved caring about them, although it took up a lot of their free time. Time that Brianna had, as she had retired ages ago, but Emma was busy with school and homework.


When she actually had some free time on her hands, she went to make new friends. It didn’t matter how young or old they were, she just wanted to meet people and talk to them. Find out who they were. Like Blake Bluesky-Dunham with his cute little daughter, who she immediately wanted to be friends with. He was a nice, sometimes lonely guy who deserved her attention.


But meeting people was not enough – her list of animals was far from being completed. So she walked through town, stopped every now and then to have a little chat and finally found a beautiful blue bird who hopped into her direction when she saw him. What can I say? The house grew fuller and fuller every day.


Author's notes: Welcome, generation three! As you may have noticed, I had some troubles getting along with Emma at the beginning, but we're getting better now :D I am already cracking with the numbers of the (small) animals she has by now, and that is like half of the amount she eventually will have. Not including the second cat and the two horses to come. 
A little Game Update: Cella has a son called Ryan, Daisy is dating an older man (not a senior though), they were already married but then my game crashed ♥ By that time Brianna had already died and I had to replay about two weeks. Note to self: keep saving the game!!!
Next chapter will be funny, sad and cute :)
(Oh, and I stole that idea of calling the chapters after songs from Courtney...this one is from High School Musical [yes, shoot me], I just thought it would fit!)

9 Kommentare:

  1. That's so many animals! How do they find time to take care of them all?

    I think it's funny that you and Emma weren't getting along. I love the way you wrote that. And Emma's "voice" is great!

    Nice to hear that things are going well for Cella and Daisy, too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. "So many animals" is an understatement, believe ;) Well, she usually has to feed each small pet once a day (or freshen up its food) and clean its cage once a day or every two days. By now she has about 10 animals, which means that the cleaning and feeding alone takes 3-4 hours each day. The only good thing is that it makes her happy to do that (when she is stressed and I click that negative moodlet, she would often go and clean the cages...weird definition of fun, but if she likes that........).
    The big animals (dogs6&cat) can take care of each other, fortunately! Every now and then they need to be bathed or Emma needs to fill up their bowls, but that takes less time. I have no idea how that will work out with horses, I haven't tried that yet. (And won't do it in the near future unless she wishes to,because the household just has gotten bigger... I'm not saying too much if I say: It's getting fluffy!)

    And thank you :) I am excited to see how she is growing up and if she turns out to be a little more like I'd want to her. Otherwise those discussions will go on forever ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I really like Emma's 'voice' too! Interested to see how you go with all the pets haha!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. You are very, very, very, very cruel, you know that,right? ;)
    Anyway,thank you ;)(This experimenting with different styles of writing is so much fun!)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. So, how many different animals are there in pets? This sounds like an enormous lifetime wish!

    Glad to see that Cella got married and had a child and that Daisy is also doing well. OTOH, SOOOO sorry to see your game crashed and you lost a bunch of time. You have Twallan installed, I think. Do you have the Saver?

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Well, at first there are dogs, cats and horses (big animals, each has numerous species, 20-40). Then you have to collect two of those: bird, snake, turtle, rodent, lizard.
    Each of those groups has different animals an in, a rodent can be a hedgehog, a mouse.... a complete list can be found here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Minor_pet
    And I just read that all of the small animals only live up to 20-30 days, which would be crappy! I will never be able to find the rest in such short time's notice and then I have to start all over again with the small ones...sigh.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Oh, and: yes, I have Twallan. But I have never heard of the saver, what exactly is that?

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Here's a link to Twallan's Saver.

    http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/2004-the-saver-phase-three-version-16-translated-2011-nov-03/

    Basically, it's a little mod that prompts you to save every half-hour of real time and keeps four rotating save files. So, for me, it keeps Sample1, Sample2, Sample3, and Sample4 as save files. That gives you a rotating 2-hour window of saves to back up if your game glitches or something horrible happens. And it guarantees you won't go long periods of time without remembering to save.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. That's great! By now the game basically crashed every two minutes (!!) so I didn't even have a chance to save regularly. I tried saving them in a different file, but the same thing happened over and over again. I think, I started the game at least 8 times within one hour. Now I downloaded the Saver and tried with a random family in a new household - good strategy! I will keep this, definitely.
    Thank you! :)

    AntwortenLöschen