29 Oktober, 2011

Generation 2: Chapter 8. New acquaintances


B: I can’t believe my husband is gone. I have waited for him forever and now he’s gone! How can I go on living?
A: Well, technically you haven’t waited for him your entire life – you were officially dating, yes. But you didn’t see each other for ages! And you weren’t thinking about him at all. I can see what you’re thinking, you know…
B: Who asked you?! I waited for him. Secretly I waited for him.
A: If you say so…


Coping with the loss was hard for everybody. And although Daisy never had been given the chance to bond with her father, it had been her father and she had loved him. And now that he was gone, there was a hole in her chest that couldn’t be filled with her aunt and her sister (as her mother continued to ignore her more or less). And their puppy Lina was cute, too, but she was a family dog, which means she was being cuddled by all family members. That didn’t leave her much time to care about Daisy.


Finally it was Lina’s birthday! Not only was this a relief for the entire family because you had to fear you would accidentally step on her, she had been sick of being so small, too. Not that she was really tall now. But she was still cute! (If not even cuter)


There was so much stuff you could do when you were grown-up! You could jump on people’s beds and make yourself comfortable there. And the best thing about it: they didn’t even get mad because you looked so darn cute!


Or you could go swim in the pool. You didn’t even have to worry about not being able to climb out of it afterwards, because your legs now were longer than just two inches.


B: Come here, honey! Come to mommy! Well done!
A: Brianna – are you… are you… are you interacting with your CHILD? I can’t believe it!
B: What do you mean? It’s my daughter and I love her! Of course I take care of her!
A: Do you want to see a collection of the pictures where you have been doing something with her? Let me get that, it should only take me a second because you NEVER did that!
B: Did too.
A: If you say so…


Cella couldn’t stand the sad atmosphere in the house and decided to get out of it. One day after work she wouldn’t head straight home, but went over to the local diner to eat there. This way she could even meet new people. Or dogs, like this one. It was so big and fluffy that it made her think about getting another dog. Only one was not enough for their family and if they adopted them they usually wouldn’t cost any money. Why not?!


Everybody was so wrapped up in their own thoughts and actions that they even missed out on Daisy’s birthday! So she had to celebrate it on their own, in the garden, next to her first picture she had just started painting.


Wow, she aged up into a beautiful teenager who the boys in school would probably be running after.


C: So…I have been thinking. We should get another dog.
B: Whatever.
D: Really? That would be great! Can I choose it? Can I name it?
C: Sure, if you want to! Let’s go and check out some places, shall we? And afterwards we could head to the park.
D: Yes! Mom, you want to come along?
B: Whatever.
D: Sigh. We could take Lina. I haven’t taken her out for a walk for ages.


L: Wow. Huuuuuuuge animal. How’s the air up there?
Horse: What? Who is talking? *looks around* Oh sorry, didn’t see you there!  Well, it’s…the same like down there, I guess.
L: I know. That was metaphorically speaking.
H: Thought so. So how do you like this town? Haven’t been around long, have you?
L: Nope, just a few weeks. I think it’s cool. My family is pretty nice to me.
H: What’s a family? You mean a bunch of people living with you? That must be nice…


L: You don’t have a family? :-( Let me give you a hug. Wait, this doesn’t work out.
H: I appreciate the offer.
L: I could rub your nose with mine, this is as close to a hug as we can get….
H: Thank you, friend.


Soon it was time for Emma’s birthday. Her days as a toddler had seemed to run buy, days in which Brianna had actually taken care of her and taught her all the basics she needed for life. It hadn’t always been easy, but they did it in time and now it was time to start a new phase in her life!


Now that she was big enough, she could finally interact with Lina without fearing of being accidentally squashed. Lina was so full of joy and happiness that she sometimes didn’t know when to stop. But now Emma was big enough to take care of herself and discover that she really loved animals. In fact,she thought the best thing that could possibly happen to her was having a house full of animals. This should be her lifetime wish.


A good start was the new dog Cella and Daisy had gotten the other day! It had taken some time to get him ready, but now Bello was prepared to enter the family. Welcome! Everybody instantly loved him.

L: Hey there. *licks snout*
B: Eww, wet! Hi. Want to be friends?
L: Sure! Hey, let’s run around the house and have fun!
B: Alright! Let’s go!


Br: Awww, You! Are! So! Cute! *kiss*
Be: um…Need! To! Breathe! Now!


The house slowly became a home for animals more than for humans. Every day when Emma got up, she thought of another species she would want to save and went out to find it. First, it was a snake. (Which only bit her once.) She named it… no, can’t remember. But she liked it a lot and spent most of her free time playing with it, although she knew it could be a dangerous animal. The days of kids being lonely in the house were apparently over.


Author's notes: Next to last chapter for Generation Two! Usually I might have put less animal-pictures in it, but as you wanted to see how Pets looks like... there you go. :) I might do an "Animals Only" chapter between the Generations. The poll will be over soon and I guess the result won't change anymore. So I'll get the heiress ready! 

(legend for the discussions: "A" stands for Amhranai, which would be me. The rest should be self-explanatory ;) )

5 Kommentare:

  1. I have lots to comment on :)

    I really liked this chapter! I like the little conversations and of course I loved the pets bits!

    The wild horse in the middle of central park was a bit random! Do they do that all the time or was that a once off?

    Umm what else... Oh I really love the new font and colours and stuff on the blog! Just one thing - it's now a tad too wide for my screen to handle. I keep having to scroll side to side to read the chapter text. Just thought I'd let you know. If you don't know how to fix it you can ask me :)

    Oh and the dog and the horse 'cuddling' was just terribly cute!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh,wow, long comment ;)
    Thanks :) I had thought about changing the style of writing for some time and now it was just time to try something new. Glad you liked it :)

    That horse almost scared me to death! I was walking around there in the park, trying to find new small (!) pets, like rats or birds and all of a sudden this huge horse runs past me. I almost dropped my laptop. And a few hours later a second one appeared. But since then I didn't see another one in the park. One passed my house though.

    Sure, I can make my blog a little slimmer. Just had been experimenting with it and ended up with this arrangement. But I'll adjust it then ;)

    And thanks again :) those two "talked" for hours and I just thought it was the cutest thing I had ever seen. And I had so much fun writing about it :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Thanks! Yep I can read it now :) Just thought I'd let you know cause others might have the same problem :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I can't believe Brianna actually had a maternal moment there!

    Poor Daisy. She really did age into a lovely teen. I hope she finds love soon, she deserves to actually get some attention.

    The horse is crazy! Just roaming through the park? Those pics with Lina and the horse are adorable.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Imagine my face when I saw her taking care of Emma... But she still ignores Daisy. Every now and then they would chat, but in general there is no contact. Poor girl, really.

    AntwortenLöschen