23 Oktober, 2011

Help needed

Hey guys,

all the time I read about other people having problems with their game, I was so happy mine was working just fine. Well, until now. For a couple of simdays my sims wouldn't get promoted or get good grades in school, because the career bar just wouldn't rise. My sims can work hard all day and still stay on the same level they started with in the morning. 

First thing I did was resetting them. Nothing changed. 
Then I used the Master Controller to "repair everything". Nothing changed.
I tried saving the game and then moving on to another family to see whether it is just my family that isn't working. It isn't. Every family has the same problem. 
When I tried to have them move out and move in again, my game got stuck. Five times. 
After that I tried to let them move from within the game (Inventory -> Phone -> Move), but before that I went into the buying mode to save some of the stuff they have bought. When I wanted to leave the buying mode, the game got stuck again. Two times. 
The last thing I did is let them move from within the game WITHOUT saving any of their stuff first.After it crashed first time it worked the second one. Then,after they had moved, I had a look at their career bar the next day. Nothing changed. So I let them move out in Edit Town Mode and moved them back in. Nothing has changed, the bar still doesn't fill up. 

I am a little desperate right now. Suggestions, anyone? I don't want my game to be ruined...especially since I don't know why the whole job-/schoolsystem isn't working anymore.

5 Kommentare:

  1. Oh... I wish that I knew enough to help you. Good luck!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The only thing I can think of is to move them to a new town... Have you posted a thread on the forums? Maybe someone else will have an idea.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I wanted to try this blog first to see if someone comes up with an idea - later I talked to a friend and she advised me to do something I would NEVER have come up with: taking Mods & Downloads out! And it works again!! I have no idea why it suddenly stopped working, as I had those in for ages, but the most important thing is it works. I will just put them back in piece by piece and try to see where the problem was... Thanks a lot anyway :) Moving them to another town would have been my last try.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wow. Did this happen just after Pets? Pets was a big expansion that changed a lot of data structures, and all of the mods I run had to be updated to deal with it. I of course forgot to update one, but that had the simple result of causing my game to crash on boot -- a sharp jump to the blood pressure, but not that hard to find and fix.

    Pets also screwed up a lot of custom objects, so depending on what downloads you have, it could cause weird problems. http://Modthesims.info has a link to a script that you can run on objects to fix them for Pets. Unfortunately, it only runs on Windows. I mostly have hairs and clothes and a big suite of Twallan's mods, so I only have five custom objects that are not from the EA store. One of them is Charles's bed, though, and the animation of him sleeping in it is now really creepy. I'm trying to get a Windows machine from work set up to run the script :-p.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Well, I played for some simdays, maybe two weeks,and then suddenly the bars stopped rising. I don't know if the expansion pack caused it, but it worked for a couple of days, so I am not sure.

    Thanks for the link, I will instantly go and run that script! :) (Right now I am sooo happy that I have Windows :D )

    AntwortenLöschen